The next edition of Marvel's Voices acclaimed anthology series, Marvel's Voices: Wakanda Forever #1 arrives in comic book stores next month.
Honouring Black History Month, the comic book will feature five all-new stories spotlighting the iconic heroes of Wakanda as they are brought to life by an incredible lineup of Black creators, including fresh talent making their exciting Marvel Comics debuts.
Now, we have a sneak peek at the stories that await along with all four variant covers by Ken Lashley, Ejiwa "Edge" Ebenebe, Karen S. Darboe, and Afua Richardson.
"Ever since we first started bringing Marvel’s Voices into our comics back in 2020," says Marvel Comics Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski, "it’s been so inspiring to see our stories grow and evolve, bringing up a fantastic lineup of new characters and creators."
"Looking ahead to 2023, we’re excited to expand the anthology series to broaden our focus on characters and families, giving our writers, editors, and readers more stories and more characters in the grand tradition of Marvel's Voices."
Here's a breakdown of the tales of myth, adventure, strife, and more that we can look forward to, with each of them expanding the inimitable world of Wakanda in fascinating new ways.
- T’Challa’s grandfather, Azzuri, learns a lesson as a teenager that will have a dramatic impact on Wakanda’s present in a moving story by writer Adam Serwer (Wakanda) and Marvel Studios storyboard artist Todd Harris!
- It’s the debut of the LAST Black Panther in the far future of Wakanda in a revelatory tale written and drawn by Juni Ba (Black Panther)
- T’Challa must grapple with a crisis of faith and goes to surprising lengths to get through it in a thrilling tale by writer Karama Horne, author of the recent Black Panther: Protectors of Wakanda book, and artist Alitha E. Martinez, known for her work on Black Panther and Miles Morales: Spider-Man
- Learn what length Shuri will go to in order to protect Wakanda from a devastating attack from a dangerous new foe in an action-packed story by Murewa Ayodele and Dotun Akanda, the team behind the recently announced I Am Iron Man limited series
- A new Dora Milaje trainee must accomplish one last thing to earn her place: defeat Okoye in combat! Witness this breathtaking battle in this story by Eisner Award-winning writer Sheena Howard and artist Marcus Williams (Tuskegee Heirs)
- Plus all-new essays, interviews, and bonus material about all things Wakanda!
Check out this sneak peek below and be sure to pick up Marvel's Voices: Wakanda Forever #1 when it arrives in comic book stores on February 15.