SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY Actor Paul Bettany Confirms A Lot More Of The Film Was Reshot Than Intended

While The Last Jedi is the Star Wars movie on everyone's minds, Solo: A Star Wars Story is just around the corner, and star Paul Bettany has revealed some surprising information about the film...

With the massive amount of news concerning Star Wars: The Last Jedi during the last week, it's easy to forget that we have another Star Wars film arriving in just five months. Solo: A Star Wars Story is still set to hit theatres this May, though we still haven't seen anything official from the production. 

In the latest issue of Total Film, Paul Bettany (who is playing an unnamed "gangster" character in the film) expressed his excitement to be a part of the franchise, saying the film is very different despite the familiar title character. "It's Han Solo's story, and of course his story would be a caper," Bettany told the magazine. "On one level it's a gangster movie. That's really interesting, because it's within the canon but really different. It's f***ing Han Solo! Suddenly, I'm an intergalactic gangster and I'm walking down some stairs and an R2 unit goes by with some champagne, and I'm like... [drops jaw] I had that feeling that I hadn't had since I was first on a film set - I was a little boy doing the best job in the world."

Bettany also had high praise for Ron Howard, who took over the film's directorial duties when original directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller were fired from the production last June. While it's been rumored for some time that Howard reshot most of the film, Bettany all but confirmed it in the interview.

“His staging ability is so f***ing brilliant,” Bettany said. “I think he went in and he was like a laser, working out what needed to be done when he looked at the footage. And then, as things moved on, everybody felt so secure with him. And they gave him more. He reshot a lot more than was originally intended.”

Many have had their doubts about the film due to the troubled production, though Rogue One had similar issues was a great success at the box office. We'll find out for certain when Solo: A Star Wars Story hits theatres on May 25, 2018. How do you think the film will turn out? Let us know in the comments!
STAR WARS: New Novel Finally Reveals The Name Of Rey's Parents (And Emperor Palpatine's Cloned Son)
Related:

STAR WARS: New Novel Finally Reveals The Name Of Rey's Parents (And Emperor Palpatine's Cloned "Son")

STAR WARS: Kathleen Kennedy Reveals Why Rey Was Never Going To Be Obi-Wan Kenobi's Daughter
Recommended For You:

STAR WARS: Kathleen Kennedy Reveals Why Rey Was Never Going To Be Obi-Wan Kenobi's Daughter

DISCLAIMER: This post was submitted by a user who has agreed to our Terms of Service and Community Guidelines. As a user-generated content platform, Comic Book Movie and Best Little Sites LLC is protected under the DMCA... [MORE]
Related
STAR WARS: New Novel Finally Reveals The Name Of Rey's Parents (And Emperor Palpatine's Cloned Son)
This year, Lucasfilm will release Star Wars: Shadow of the Sith, & an excerpt from the book reveals more about Rey's parents, including their names (meaning we finally know what to call Palpatine's "son").
STAR WARS: Kathleen Kennedy Reveals Why Rey Was Never Going To Be Obi-Wan Kenobi's Daughter
Rey being related to Obi-Wan Kenobi was a popular theory following Star Wars: The Force Awakens, but Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy has now revealed why they were never going to head down that route.
STAR WARS: Dave Filoni And Jon Favreau Have Very Interesting Takes On Boba Fett's Badass Status
Despite Boba Fett's status as the most formidable bounty hunter in the Galaxy, Dave Filoni (Ahsoka) and Jon Favreau (The Mandalorian) have potentially controversial opinions about his abilities...
STAR WARS: Lucasfilm President Suggests They Made A Mistake Recasting Han Solo For 2018's SOLO
Lucasfilm made the decision to cast Alden Ehrenreich as Han Solo in 2018's Solo: A Star Wars Story, replacing Harrison Ford. Now, Kathleen Kennedy suggests recasting such an iconic character was a mistake.
STAR WARS: After Being Announced Five Years Ago, Rian Johnson's Planned Trilogy Is Now On The Backburner
We're not surprised by this in many ways, but in an update about Star Wars' big screen future, Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy has confirmed that Rian Johnson's planned trilogy has been put on hold...