Netflix has revealed (via SFFGazette.com) the full live-action cast of Avatar: The Last Airbender after previously confirming the show will be headlined by lead stars Gordon Cormier's Aang, Kiawentiio's Katara, Ian Ousley's Sokka, and Dallas Liu's Zuko.
Now, the Water Tribe, the Earth Kingdom, the Fire Nation, and the Air Nomads have joined forces to welcome a host of new faces to the cast, rounding out the ensemble with twenty exciting additions including Prey star Amber Midthunder, Star Trek legend George Takei, and Community standout Danny Pudi.
Based on the Nickelodeon animated series of the same name, this take on Avatar: The Last Airbender is described by showrunner Albert Kim as "a chance to showcase Asian and Indigenous characters as living, breathing people. Not just in a cartoon, but in a world that truly exists, very similar to the one we live in."
Other previously announced cast members include Elizabeth Yu (Azula), Paul Sun-Hyung Lee (Iroh), Daniel Dae Kim (Fire Lord Ozai), Maria Zhang (Suki), Tamlyn Tomita (Yukari), Yvonne Chapman (Avatar Kyoshi), and Casey Camp-Horinek (Gran Gran).
Here's who else you can expect to see in the series when it launches (no premiere date has been announced at this time).
- Amber Midthunder as Princess Yue: The compassionate spiritual leader of the Northern Water Tribe.
- A Martinez as Pakku: The veteran waterbending master of the Northern Water Tribe and a fierce defender of their traditions.
- Irene Bedard as Yagoda: An empathetic healer who serves as a role model for her tribe’s female waterbenders.
- Joel Oulette as Hahn: A strong and skilled warrior with an unwavering loyalty to his tribe.
- Nathaniel Arcand as Chief Arnook: Father to Princess Yue and the respected leader of their tribe.
- Meegwun Fairbrother as Avatar Kuruk: A previous Avatar with a haunted past.
- Arden Cho as June: A tough and persistent bounty hunter known for her ruthless efficiency.
- Utkarsh Ambudkar as King Bumi: The ancient and mercurial ruler of the Earth Kingdom city of Omashu.
- Danny Pudi as the Mechanist: An eccentric inventor and engineer who’s doing his best to raise his son in a war-torn world.
- River Chauhan as Teo: The idealistic and high-flying son of the Mechanist.
- James Sie as the Cabbage Merchant: A long-suffering vegetable vendor in Omashu.
- Momona Tamada as Ty Lee: An energetic and upbeat teen and one of Princess Azula’s best friends.
- Thalia Tran as Mai: An unflappable and deadpan teen who, along with Ty Lee, is one of Princess Azula’s closest allies.
- Ruy Iskandar as Lt. Jee: The first officer of Prince Zuko’s ship.
- Hiro Kanagawa as Fire Lord Sozin: The ruthless and ambitious previous ruler of the Fire Nation and grandfather of Fire Lord Ozai.
- C.S. Lee as Avatar Roku: A wise and benevolent past Avatar from the Fire Nation.
- François Chau as The Great Sage: The venerated spiritual leader of the Fire Nation and guardian of Avatar Roku’s shrine.
- Ryan Mah as Lt. Dang: Commander Zhao’s second-in-command.
- George Takei as the voice of Koh: An ancient, predatory spirit.
- Randall Duk Kim as the voice of Wan Shi Tong: Appears in the form of a giant owl and is also known as the Spirit of Knowledge.