If you're looking for something a little different to the current weekly offerings from the Batman titles, DC Comics has a special anthology planned for release this September. Titled Batman: The World, the series will span 14 countries and feature creative talents from each respective locale guiding the story.
"Batman has grown into a true pop culture icon, known the world over,” said DC publisher and chief creative officer Jim Lee. “Batman: The World is DC’s way of showing fans everywhere that Batman is more than a character; Batman is a phenomenon that transcends languages and borders.”
What DC is calling a "a first-of-its-kind publishing event" is part of the publisher's Batman Day celebration which will take place on Saturday, September 18.
Creative teams include:
- Brian Azzarello and artist Lee Bermejo
- Mathieu Gabella and Thierry Martin (France)
- Paco Roca (Spain)
- Alessandro Bilotta and Nicola Mari (Italy)
- Benjamin von Eckartsberg/Thomas von Kummant (Germany)
- Stepan Kopriva and Michal Suchánek (Czech Republic)
- Tomasz Kolodziejczak, Piotr Kowalski, and Brad Simpson (Poland)
- Ertan Ergil and Ethem Onur Bilgiç (Turkey)
- Alberto Chimal and Rulo Valdés (Mexico)
- Carlos Estefan and Pedro Mauro (Brazil)
- Inpyo Jeon, Jae-kwang Park, and Kim Jung Gi (Korea)
- Xu Xiaodong, Lu Xiaotong, Qiu Kun, and Yi Nan (China)
- Kirill Kutuzov, Egor Prutov, and Natalia Zaidova (Russia)
- Okadaya Yuichi (Japan)
Batman: The World will be released worldwide on Tuesday, September 14, 2021.